The Kalk Bay Art House is a one of kind 100 year old coastal homestead set amid a cocktail of cultural charms. It is located in the fashionable and sought after village of Kalk Bay, a 30min drive from Cape Town.
The house provides spectacular ocean and mountain views and is conveniently situated within a 5 minute stroll to galleries, unique shops, bars, the Kalk Bay Theatre and numerous restaurants. The Art House offers a fully equipped kitchen with an open plan dining room and lounge with built-in fireplace.
The reception room on the ground floor sets the scene, with an oval table and café style chairs surrounded by an eclectic collection of art, a perfect place to sip your tea or wine, relax and take in the views. From the front door to the attic, the walls are adorned with carefully selected art that contribute to making your stay a unique experience.
The home can accommodate up to 9 adults. There are 5 bedrooms – 2 on the ground floor, 2 on the first storey and an attic bedroom on the second storey. There are 4 bathrooms – the main bedroom en-suite has a shower and bath, while the family bathroom has a bath, and the upstairs bathrooms have showers.
The newly appointed washroom in an outbuilding at the back of the house contains a washing machine, drier, iron and iron board.
From ales to snails, daiquiris to dim sum or whatever you choose to prepare in the kitchen or on the braai, guests can relax on the front veranda, which offers a large 8 seater table with chairs as well as a built-in braai.
A sheltered courtyard at the rear of the house provides a perfect place to fire up the gas barbeque.
The house offers satellite TV and uncapped Wi-Fi.
The Kalk Bay Art House. Its more than art – it’s the art of living.
KALK BAY ART HOUSE PRICING:
IN SEASON RATES
Minimum rate : 1-3 guests R 4000 per night.
Rate per night: 4-6 guests R 5500 per night.
Rate per night: 7-9 guests R 7000 per night
OUT OF SEASON RATES
Minimum rate : 1-3 guests R 3800 per night.
Rate per night: 4-6 guests R 4900 per night.
Rate per night: 7-9 guests R 5800 per night
POLICY AND RULLES
* Unless agreed with the owner before hand, no children under 12 years allowed.
* No pets allowed.
* No smoking, parties or events.
* Check-in from 2pm and check-out by 10am.
* No more then 9 guests allowed.
* Note that from street level guests have to climb 16 stairs to the home.
* The house is not wheelchair friendly.
Payment Policy :
* In order to secure the booking, a 50% deposit is payable within 24 hours of booking.
* Balance due and payable 14 days before check-in.
* Full payment is due immediately upon bookings for bookings made 14 days before arrival.
* A breakage fee of 10% of the total fee is payable 14 days before arrival.
The 10% will be released 24hrs from date of check-out. The owners reserve the right
to deduct a reasonable amount relating to damage caused during the rental period, from the breakage fee.
* Cleaning & laundry serves available at R450 per day – to be booked prior to check-in.
* We have a no refund policy. Once a deposit or the balance has been paid, no funds will be returned.
You might also enjoy
Cycling: Cape Town has magnificent cycling routs, hire your road bikes to explore Cape Town and the beautiful Cape Peninsula . Link
Coffee Shops and Restaurants : Kalk Bay Village offers many bakeries, coffee shops and restaurants, top 10 restaurants in Kalk Bay. Link
Wine Farms : Kalk Bay Village is stone trow away from Constantia wine route, local wine farms and golf estates like Steenberg, Groot Constantia and many more . Link